Have you been injured in a motorcycle accident? Los Angeles has many roads and freeways which can provide a great course for motorcycle riders. Unfortunately, the thrill of riding on a motorcycle can have devastating consequences if you are involved in an accident. Gould & Jefferson of Beverly Hills fights for the rights of motorcycle injury victims in Los Angeles. We at Gould & Jefferson understand that this may be a difficult time for people who have been injured, and our team of attorneys take each case with the required compassion for you in order to make sure that you are receiving the best treatment, while also ensuring that you are adequately compensated for your damages. If you or a loved one has been injured in motorcycle accident, it is important to talk to a Los Angeles Motorcycle Accident Lawyer. Gould & Jefferson of Beverly Hills has experienced and dedicated attorneys standing by to assist you. Call (310) 899-9529 now to schedule a free 1- hour consultation with our team of attorneys.
Motorcycle Accident Information
Many of the most devastating motorcycle accidents involve inexperienced riders, speeding, drugs and alcohol, texting or talking on the phone, constant lane changes, poor weather conditions, and lane splitting. There are several factors in an accident which must be identified to determine who is at fault, or the degree to which each party is at fault. Once fault is determined and the percentage of fault is assigned, the at fault parties will be considered financially responsible for your injuries and damages you have sustained.
The determination of fault can sometimes be multifaceted, and in most cases, not all parties will agree because it would essentially mean that they would be held liable for the damages. Fault determinations can become more problematic if the accident involved equipment failures, poor road conditions, public vehicles, or other obstacles. These complicating factors make having an experienced attorney on your side even more important.
Important Information to Gather for Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycle accidents can be the result of many different acts. As such, individuals involved in an accident are often angry, upset, confused, and/or in serious pain. Please be patient as you deal with other parties. Incidentally, being patient and thorough will help you take notes, pictures, and any other information relevant to the motorcycle accident.
Here is a list of noteworthy information:
- Names of all parties in the accident
- Driver’s license numbers
- Vehicle identification numbers of all vehicle involved (license plate/ Vin number)
- Address and contact number for parties involved
- Insurance company and policy information
- Contact information for people who have witnessed the accident
- Pictures of the damages sustained, and anything relevant, (ex: tire marks, signage)
- Look around to see if any businesses or homes have surveillance cameras and mark those addresses for future use (these can be found very helpful when insurance companies try to deny coverage)
- If the police come to the scene, obtain a copy of the police report and officer identification information
Things to Avoid in a Motorcycle Accident
Things that an individual does after a motorcycle accident can have a direct result on whether they may or may not recover compensatory damages.
Here is a list of things you SHOULD NOT do:
- Don’t admit fault in any way
- Don’t say you are sorry or apologize in any way (insurance companies may take depositions later and use your words against you)
- Don’t talk about the specifics of the accident
- Don’t post anything related to the accident on any social media
- Don’t post anything related to the severity of your injuries on social media (This may hinder a motorcycle accident victims ability to receive compensation for their pain and suffering)
- pictures of going out with friends, traveling, exercising
- Don’t discuss the accident with the other party, their attorney, or their insurance company (Please seek legal advice from Gould & Jefferson prior to making any statement)
- Don’t accept a settlement offer from an insurance company without speaking to an attorney first. Victims of motorcycle accidents generally undervalue their claim, and can lose their rights to obtain a higher award damage by accepting a low settlement offer.
Hire a Knowledgeable Los Angeles Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
The unfortunate truth is that there are hundreds of motorcycle accidents every day, many of which cause property damage, physical injury, or death. When such motorcycle accidents are caused by the negligence (fault) of another party, victims of these accidents are frequently compensated for their loss, through monetary rewards. This recovery does not occur automatically, as insurance companies are businesses with the primary motivation of maintaining profit. Insurance adjusters will always to try get away with paying as little money as possible. The attorneys at Gould & Jefferson know how to approach, deal, and settle with insurance companies to get motorcycle accident victim the highest compensation for their loss and injuries.
Gould & Jefferson of Beverly Hills has knowledgeable Motorcycle Accident Attorneys that know how to deal with insurance companies in order to overcome these arguments and tactics that they use. This is why it is important to have an experienced and knowledgeable team of Motorcycle Accident Lawyers fighting by your side. Call (310) 899-9529 to speak with the Best Los Angeles Motorcycle Accident Lawyers.