The passing of a life is always a painful and emotional time for friends and family. There are unfortunate situations where a death occurs out of no fault of the individual themselves, but due to the negligence (fault) of another party. These wrongful deaths are a devastating time for families and are life changing. We at Gould & Jefferson understand that this may be an emotional time for people suffering a loss, and our team of attorneys take each case with the required compassion for you in order make sure that you are adequately compensated for your loss. If you have suffered a loss, it is important to talk to a Los Angeles Wrongful Death Lawyer. Gould & Jefferson of Beverly Hills has experienced and dedicated attorneys standing by to assist you. Call (310) 899-9529 now to schedule a free 1- hour consultation with our team of attorneys.
Wrongful Death Information
Unfortunately, some injuries from accidents result in death. A person must be held liable for his actions that cause the death of a victim. Although the victim may have passed, family members of the deceased victim can file a claim and recover compensatory damages. Although no amount of money can replace the loss of a life, it is important to note that these monetary damages can ensure that the death does not cause financial hardships.
When a wrongful death occurs, compensation can be provided for…
- Loss of future financial support (Spouse’s passing makes it difficult for widower to continue lifestyle without the money that the spouse would have provided to her family)
- Loss of companionship (The happiness in which the relationship brought, which seizes to now exist, lost consortium)
- Compensation for funeral expenses, medical costs before death,
- Punitive damages (when the damages are so egregious that it is used to repel future conduct and punish the defendant for their actions)
Wrongful Death Verdicts/Settlements
- DOES v. Charter Airline Company $30,000,000
- Dominguez v. City and County of San Francisco $27,394,567
- Sherman v. Courrege $25,500,000
- Witham v. Avjet $11,000,000
- DOES v. National Airlines $11,000,000
- Villamariona v. CBS $10,450,000
- Barber v. Mossy Ford $22,765,864
- Jackson v. State of California $20,100,000
- Yoon v. United States $17,845,000
Hire a Knowledgeable Los Angeles Wrongful Death Lawyer
Insurance companies are always determined to undermine claims by delving into victim’s medical records and criminal history. They try to take any information available to assert that the defendant was not the cause of the death.
Gould & Jefferson of Beverly Hills has knowledgeable Wrongful Death Attorneys that know how to deal with insurance companies in order to overcome these arguments and tactics that they use. This is why it is important to have an experienced and knowledgeable team of Wrongful Death Lawyers fighting by your side. Call (310) 899-9529 to speak with the Best Los Angeles Wrongful Death Lawyer.