Have you been injured in a bicycle accident? Bicycles in the street are not always a stable mix with fast driving motor vehicles. This issue does not end here; Motor-vehicle drivers are often distracted and bicycle riders don’t have any real protection or hard shell exterior to protect them from injuries. We at Gould & Jefferson understand that this may be a difficult time for people who have been injured, and our team of attorneys take each case with the required compassion for you in order to make sure that you are receiving the best treatment, while also ensuring that you are adequately compensated for your damages. If you or a loved one has been injured in bicycle accident, it is important to talk to a Los Angeles Bicycle Accident Lawyer. Gould & Jefferson of Beverly Hills has experienced and dedicated attorneys standing by to assist you. Call (310) 899-9529 now to schedule a free 1- hour consultation with our team of attorneys.
Bicycle Accident Information
The attorneys at Gould & Jefferson of Beverly Hills know that determining liability depends on whether the driver was negligent in operating the vehicle and essentially caused the accident. In some cases, the cyclist’s negligence may have contributed to the accident. We can help to identify all the factors in an accident to determine who is at fault, or the degree to which each party is at fault, and who is financially responsible.
A bicyclist can suffer extreme physical injuries and emotional trauma following a bicycle accident. When injured in a bicycle accident, the responsible party’s insurance will be liable to reimburse you for your medical expenses, loss wages and pain and suffering.
Car collisions with a bicycles are frequently caused by:
- Driver made a right turn on red while not seeing the bike rider in the bike lane
- Driver failed to stop at a stop sign or ran a red light and struck a bicyclist who had the right-of-way
- Driver made a left turn in front of an oncoming bike rider
- Driver did not notice the bike rider while changing lanes
- Driver was drunk or inattentive because he/she were using their phones and hit a bicyclist from the rear
When do you Need a Bicycle Accident Attorney?
There are certain situations where an attorney should be retained when bicycle accidents are concerned. You may be able to get a settlement without the use of a lawyer; however, these offers will likely be very low and can cause you to miss out on the true value of your case.
Here are some instances of such cases that practically require the assistance of an attorney:
- When the other party is denying fault
- If this occurs, it is important to have an attorney on your side that can assist you in investigating, obtaining the proper evidence and proving the negligence of the other party in order for you to recover any sort of compensation.
- When there are catastrophic injuries or permanent injuries that will have an impact on an individual’s life for a significant period of time. Such as loss of employment and permanent medical conditions that require in home nursing assistance. These victims can also be compensated for loss of enjoyment of life.
- An attorney will be needed to evaluate your claim and assess the value of the future treatment and the losses correlated to such injury.
- When there is a severe psychological injury involved
- These damages are hard to prove but attorneys can help to obtain a record to provide as evidence to insurance companies and obtain monetary compensation for such injuries.
How Soon Should I call a Bicycle Accident Attorney?
It is best to consult with an attorney immediately after an accident. An attorney will be able to direct you to get the proper medical attention at no out of pocket cost. They will also be able to investigate the scene and make sure that fault is not denied by the opposing party’s insurance company.
Victims of bicycle accidents have two years from the date of injury to file a claim, so it is essential that you seek an attorney as soon as the accident occurs and begin getting the treatment that you need, so that you can recover for such treatment. In California, if the victim is a minor, his or her 2-year period begins once he/she turns 18.
Hire a Knowledgeable Bicycle Accident Lawyer
The unfortunate truth is that there are hundreds of bicycle accidents every day, many of which cause property damage, physical injury, or death. When such bicycle accidents are caused by the negligence (fault) of another party, victims of these accidents are frequently compensated for their loss, through monetary rewards. This recovery does not occur automatically, as insurance companies are businesses with the primary motivation of maintaining profit. Insurance adjusters will always to try get away with paying as little money as possible. The attorneys at Gould & Jefferson know how to approach, deal, and settle with insurance companies to get bicycle accident victim the highest compensation for their loss and injuries.
Gould & Jefferson of Beverly Hills has knowledgeable Bicycle Accident Attorneys that know how to deal with insurance companies in order to overcome these arguments and tactics that they use. This is why it is important to have an experienced and knowledgeable team of Bicycle Accident Lawyers fighting by your side. Call (310) 899-9529 to speak with the Best Los Angeles Bicycle Accident Lawyers.